Tips to follow while grill cooking
If you’re a beginner in the sphere of grilling style of cooking, you do not need to worry. Keep a few things in mind while taking the first step. The first and foremost thing is to buy a grill and know which one is best for your cooking style.
Gas or charcoal?
There are both gas barbecue grill as well as charcoal barbecue grill, and you may choose any one of this depending on your needs. However, there are pros and cons to both the choices. Know these before opting a proper grill.
- Charcoal barbecue grill has full ranges from cost-effective one to larger size for professional use. These grills get hot very fast and need to be lit manually. At least preheating for 15-20 minutes is a mandatory thing. Ash buildup can create complications if not cleaned properly. But if you live the smoky flavor on your taste buds, this one is the right one for you. To save some bucks, you can look for the best charcoal grills for sale.
- The gas barbecue is costlier than the charcoal one. But price-friendly options are also available if you look for gas and charcoal grills on sale. These are easy to clean as compared to the former ones. For flavorful dishes, wood chips can be used in a smoker box. This one is convenient for beginners.
How to use?
For charcoal barbecue grill, you need to empty the ashes first so that the debris of the past cooking isn’t attached to the grill. The preheating is needed for both kinds of grills. However, the gas grills turn in easily. For the charcoal barbecue grill, a chimney starter is important. Don’t go for the lighter fluid as it may add the ‘chemical’ flavor in the food. The gas grill must be kept in the heating condition for minimum 10 minutes, whereas a charcoal BBQ grill needs to be kept for at least 20 minutes.
When it’s heated, use a stainless steel or brass wire brush to remove the gunk from the grate. A good scrap is very important before the grilling season. When you’re using the grill, it’s necessary to brush before and after the grilling. After grilling, the accumulated grease and smoke can create rust on the grate and make the grill incompetent for use. If you do not have those brushes, aluminum foils also can do the work.
After cleaning, oil the grate by using an oiled paper towel, wipe it throughout the bars. High smoking temperature-friendly oil is a must. Canola oil can be used for this purpose. It’s important so that the food cannot get attached to it and the cook can get classic grill bars.
Tips for barbecue
- Flip the meat and vegetables with tongs or spatula but don’t use a fork as it makes takes off the juices from the food. Don’t flip too much, ideally, one-time flip is okay for perfect grilling.
- Don’t press the chicken or burgers too much at the time of grilling.
- Soak wood chips for smoky flavor. Oak, hickory are good options. For gas grills, use them in a smoker box and follow instructions of the manufacturers.
- Baste the meat or vegetables at last to prevent the sauce or sugar burning.